Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ready, Set ..

I'm trying to get ready to hit the road again and while I was looking at my blog, I decided to change the photo at the top. Then I started to look through photos and found this little gem from 2007.  At first glance, it might appear to be a badly centered photograph that my mother took of me in Maud's in Newcastle a few years ago.  But, if you are from Norn Iron, your eyes have already started to focus on the lady in the background.  And on the food that she has on her table.  I remember laughing with my mum and we took this photo of all the desserts that woman had.  Her husband was with her, but he'd gone back up to the counter for something. On the table, they had a piece of pavlova (haven't had pavlova?  you haven't lived.  quintessential NI dessert), a tray bake, a muffin, an apple tart, banoffe (? I'm not sure, it could be something else),  a serving of whipped cream, a serving of ice-cream, a milkshake and a cup of coffee. 
Time photo was taken?  About 3pm, so we were fairly certain they'd just called in for "a coffee". 

No comments:

Post a Comment