Sunday, July 18, 2010

Tullymore

On Sunday, we trekked to Tullymore for a bbq with Neil, one of the kids' favourite cousins (I hope he read this), and Gwyneth, Larry and Ewen. When we got to the park, it was raining.  We sat in the car for a while (I read my book) and waited for the rain to stop.  It didn't.  We sat for a while longer (I started another chapter, Justin Cronin, The Passage, v good) and it still didn't stop.  We climbed out of the car, put our coats on, paused for photos, then set off in the rain.
Cole actually said he'd wear his jacket (but he wouldn't zip it up, so after 10 mins he was soaked through.  Natural consequences, kiddo!).  Carys was lucky enough (lazy enough?) to find her riding boots in the car.  Score!
I realized I could be in the photo, too.

Isn't that lovely and scenic with the yellow car and the toilet block in the background.  Why did we not stand the other way, in front of the mountains??
When we got to the river, the water was well up over the stepping stones.  Gwyneth nearly had kittens watching the kids jump over the river.  They all managed not to fall in. 
Still raining, so we set up the bbq in the only bit of shelter we could find. 

Good thing nobody's too fussy :)  Look at Neil's wee portable grill.  Ha!
Some people sat in the car and read.  And read.  And read. 

Occasionally looking out for another sausage or a jaffa cake or something.
And some people played in the rain.   (picking grass for Sammy and Elvis). 

1 comment:

  1. I love how everyone has their boots on and Cole is in his Crocs. Being a world traveller doesn't change him one bit ;)

    ReplyDelete