We got to spend all day Friday with Auntie Julie who was off work. Cathryn had given us half price tickets to get in to London Zoo, so after a lot of going back and forth as to whether we should go or not, we decided to seize the day and just go.
London Zoo is in Regent's Park and the canal goes through the middle of it. Everyone was quite fascinated by the barges.
It was a lovely, sunny day.
I'm so glad that my children are smart enough to remember scenes from Harry Potter. Chloe wondered if the movie had really been filmed at the zoo.
So cool! Though, the case doesn't have python in it now (apparently I am raising Purists).
Though you can't see the cobra anyway, and why does Cole have his eyes closed?
This was the funniest thing that happened to us all day. Both girls had climbed up into this bird for a turn and then Cole managed to get himself up the net and into the cockpit. See Chloe laughing over there on the side? It's about this point in time where Cole has discovered he is going to have difficulty getting down. And that man in the background on the bench? He was very kind and after 5 minutes of watching Cole trying (unsuccessfully) to get his feet back on the ground, that very kind man came over and offered to lift my 7 stone child down from about 7 feet in the air. We laughed so hard.
We had a rest and watched the penguins. Thanks to Mrs Mahlerwein, Cole was able to give us a guided tour of the penguin habitat. I think he recognised every species of penguin in there.
Would you like to see a photo of an otter?
How about 37 photos of otters? Chloe took the camera to get "a photo" and handed the camera back to me with 37 photos of otters, none of which she wanted to delete.
And here he is; our whole reason for going to zoos. All hail King Julian!
After the zoo, we went back to Julie's flat and I got to go out for dinner with Cathryn. We all had a really fun day.










Did the children speak parseltongue?
ReplyDeleteLOL about King Julian and the otters. I love your mom's saying... clever. I'll be using that one.
ReplyDelete